AROMA OF WINTERS SETTING IN WITH SUNNY DAYS REMINDS US OFF OUR CHILDHOOD DAYS WHEN WE USED TO SIT FOR LONG HOURS ON THE TERRACE NJOYING THE SCROTCHING SUN. REMENBER THE FRUITS WE USED TO NJOY EATING!!! WINTER A SEASON FULL OF FRESH AND JUICY FRUITS.
AS WINTER SETS IN I WAS TEMPTED TO MAKE MY FAVOURITE ORANGE CAKE WITH ZESTS OF PEEL IN IT.YUMMMM!!! I STILL REMEBER THE FIRST ORANGE CAKE I EVER BAKED WAS FROM MY FRIENDS RECIPE Mrs.KARTIK.MOTHER OF TWO CUTE LITTLE CHILDREN WHO WERE ALWAYS CRAVING FOR YUMMY CAKES.
FEW MONTHS BACK I SHARED THE RECIPE OF http://trufflezzzgateauzzz.blogspot.in/search?q=ORANGE+CAKE WHICH WAS WITH EGGS.
SO TODAY I TRIED TO REPLICATE THE SAME TEXTURE WITH AN EGGLES RECIPE AND TRUST ME ITS EQUALLY AWSUM. YOU NEED TO TRY THIS TO BELIVE ME.
SO HERE GOES THE RECIPE!
EGGLESS ORANGE CAKE
- 1 1/2 CUPS OF MAIDA OR ALL PURPOSE FLOUR
- 3/4 CUP GRANULATED SUGAR
- 1/2 CUP MELTED BUTTER
- 1 TBSP OIL
- 1 CUP HUNG CURD
- 1 TSP BAKING POWDER
- 1/2 TSP SODA BI CARB.
- 1 TBSP OF MILK POWDER(OPTIONAL)
- ORANGE ZEST 1 TSP
- JUICE OF TWO ORANGES FRESH APPROX. 1/2 CUP
- 250 ml freshly squeezed orange juice
- 100 gms grain sugar
- 2 tsp Orange Zest
- Get butter to room temperature. Take a bowl add butter and sugar and whip for 2 to 3 minutes till sugar dissolves and the mixture turns white in colour.
- Now add hung curd that too at room temperature and whip for another 2 to 3 minutes. if the texture looks different that is it separates don't panic.
- Further sieve all the dry ingredients and mix 2 tsp at a time and keep on beatingAdd milk powder and beat(optional).
- Finally add oil and orange juice+zest and beat for another 2 minutes.It should be light and fluffy.
- Line a baking tin and bake at 170degree Celsius till the skewer inserted comes out clean. Maximum of 20 minutes it will take.
FOR THE JUICY ICING:
Pour orange juice and sugar in a small pan and boil on medium flame for 10 minutes or till thick in texture.now add orange zest,and let the liquid reach room temperature.
Transfer the cake to a plate and prick small holes all over the rim of the cake with a tooth pick.Pour the Luke warm orange juicy icing over it and serve.