INSTANT THICK CHOCOLATE SAUCE
- 500 gms dark cooking chocolate*
- 500 ml cooking cream(preferably Amul)
- 300 ml milk optional(FOR POURING CONSISTENCY)
Heat the cream in a heavy sauce pan until it gets warmed up. Switch off the gas add finely chopped chocolate to cream and whisk nicely with hand till it melts.If lumps are still there further heat the vessel for few seconds. Do not overheat as chocolate has the tendency to burn fast. Repeat the procedure till the chocolate melts and is mixed up nicely .(if you find the consistency to be too thick after refrigeration ,then add milk,and further heat for few seconds.)
The easier way out is to mix all the ingredients and microwave them together in a heat proof bowl till the chocolate melts. But always remember to microwave the mix for few second and then stop to whisk(as vessel heat helps the chocolate to melt).Too much of heat can burn the chocolate. Then repeat the procedure till the chocolate mix becomes shiny and lump free.Maximum time taken in microwave should be 3 to 4 minutes in intervals...i.e microwave the mix for 40 seconds and then stop...whisk nicely...then again microwave for 40 seconds and then stop...repeat till the mixture becomes glossy.(if you find the consistency to be too thick after refrigeration ,then add milk,and further heat for few seconds.)
- CAN ADD 1 TBSP OF LIQUID GLUCOSE TO THE MIX WHILE HEATING TO GET FUDGY TEXTURE.
- CAN EVEN ADD 2 TBSP OD CONDENSED MILK TO THE MIX WHILE HEATING TO ENHANCE THE FLAVOR.
- ALWAYS STORE IN AIR TIGHT CONTAINER PREFERABLE GLASS. REFRIGERATION IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.
- AS IT GETS THICK ON REFRIGERATION ,ITS RECOMMENDED TO ALWAYS HEAT IT FOR FEW SECONDS AND THEN SERVE.
- CAN BE TOPPED ON CAKES,ICE CREAMS AND USED FOR MAKING CHOCOLATE SHAKES.
*THERE ARE VARIOUS BRANDS OF COOKING CHOCOLATES AVAILABLE IN THE INDIAN MARKET...I PERSONALLY PREFER USING SELBOURNE AS IT HAS HIGH COCOA BUTTER CONTENT IN IT. MORDE IS ALSO ONE OF THE EASILY AVAILABLE BRANDS.IMPORTED COOKING CHOCOLATE BUTTONS CAN ALSO BE USED.
*NEVER USE CHOCO CHIPS TO MAKE CHOCOLATE SAUCE AS IT HAS ADDICTIVES TO RETAIN ITS SHAPE,SO THEY DONT MELT EASILY.